Thursday, January 27, 2005

Boxer on Daily Kos

Barbara Boxer, the new hero of the Democratic party, joined the growing group of guest authors on Daily Kos. She started her "diary" with a big "Thank you" to the liberal polit bloggers and their community:
I can't thank all of you enough - the Daily Kos community, and the blogosphere as a whole -- for all of your effective work during the recent debate over Condoleezza Rice's nomination. Your support and participation in this critical debate meant so much to me.
More than 94,000 Americans from across the country signed my petition and stood together to demand the truth from Condoleezza Rice. It was truly an overwhelming response -- much more than I could have anticipated. You helped to get our message out to millions of Americans -- I couldn't have done it without you.
And you made a difference. You gave me the voice I needed to ask the tough questions during Dr. Rice's confirmation hearings. And you gave the entire United States Senate the voice it needed to take its 'advice and consent' responsibility seriously. In fact, Condoleezza Rice received 13 votes against her confirmation - the most votes against any Secretary of State's nomination since 1825.

A great woman - and one of the very few sentators with guts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home