Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy new year!

Happiness, health and success to everybody! I hope you spent new year's eve in company of your best friends: Ms. Cliquot, Mr. Perignon, handsome Moet (my favorite buddy), the dynamic trio Jack, Jim and Chivas - or whatever their names were! If case you passed out before midnight and were not capable to see any fireworks - this website offers a fantastic 360 degree panoramic impression from the gigantic new year's party on Times Square in New York and other places like Lisbon, Dubai, Amsterdam and beautiful Zermatt! In vino (or similar stuff) veritas - these timeless words of wisdom were obviously known also to the great Irish poet and dramatist William Butler Yeats. Almost 100 years ago he wrote - obviously not sober - this great and meaningful sippin' poem:

Wine comes in at the mouth
And love comes it at the eye;
That's all we shall know for truth
Before we grow old and die.
I lift the glass to my mouth,
I look at you, and I sigh.

By the way: These inspiring lines are best viewed with a glass of Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey (so it says). Cheers!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love this poem!

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home