Monday, July 26, 2004

Al Gore: Got what you wanted?

Former Vice President - and presidential candidate in 2000 - delivered a great, humorous and energizing speech at the Democratic convention. Some excerpts:
"I sincerely ask those who supported President Bush four years ago: Did you really get what you expected from the candidate you voted for?"
"I prefer to focus on the future, because I know from my own experience that America is a land of opportunity, where every little boy and girl has a chance to grow up and win the popular vote."
"Let's make sure not only that the Supreme Court does not pick the next president, but also that this president is not the one who picks the next Supreme Court."
"The first lesson is this: take it from me - every vote counts. In our Democracy, every vote has power. And never forget: that power is yours. Don't let anyone take it away or talk you into throwing it away."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home